Weeting Castle in Norfolk was built by Hugh de Plais in around 1180, which he built to demonstrate the wealth and power of his family, who he lived there with until the late 14th century. It was then passed by marriage to the Howards, Earls of Norfolk where it was left abandoned.
Today it is owned by English Heritage and is free to walk round. Ideal for tourists to take in the astonishing sights and remains of this Historic Castle.
Open All Year